Anne from Albany Creek rang us as they needed an electrician to replace four ceiling fans and some other odd jobs.
Mason set to work on the fans and I tackled the other little jobs, one of which was a power point that only worked on one side. I removed the power point from the wall to inspect it and found that the electrician that wired the place had not twisted the wires together before putting the cable into the terminal.
This is the result from the heat effect, and could be considered a fire risk. In this case we do want to check further and I pulled another power point off the wall and found the cables were also not twisted before being put into the terminal.
I now have to inform Anne and her husband that we want to remove all the power points to rectify the issue and make the wiring safer.
If you have a power point that looks to be heat affected or just does not work right, It could be worth a check from Chris and Mason at Barry’s Electrical of North Brisbane. Call 0418739860 24/7